I write about money, power, fame, and drama. You guessed it: I write about business, and for businesses, too.
These days, my main focus is writing business books and ebooks — see the sidebar for my two print books, especially The Pocket Small Business Owner’s Guide to Starting on a Shoestring, which is coming out in July 2013.
Besides business books, I help business find more customers by telling their fascinating stories through articles, white papers, blog posts, and more. And I help magazines deliver compelling, useful information to readers.
What’s different about me?
I have a lot of story ideas.
I’m not happy until I’ve blown away your expectations.
I like to laugh.
My personal goal is to find the joy in each day, and every writing assignment.
Here’s a quick tour of what I’ve enjoyed writing recently:
Types of writing Recent publications
- Articles • Alaska/Horizon Airline magazines
- White papers • Entrepreneur magazine
- Blogs • Entrepreneur StartUps
- Ghostwriting • Seattle Business
- Case studies
- Web content
Recent corporate clients
Labor Ready (True Blue)
Dun & Bradstreet
Websites Industry expertise
- Forbes.com • Small business & franchising
- Freelance Switch • Finance & tax
- Entrepreneur.com • Retail & restaurant
- Allbusiness.com • Real estate
- Tree.com • Legal
- InsuranceQuotes • Insurance
- Yahoo!Hotjobs • Careers & higher education
“Carol is a thorough, creative and collaborative writer who creates well-researched and well-thought-out articles with a keen eye to deadlines. She is one of my top go-to writers, and I highly recommend her to other editors.”–Peggy Bennett, former Entrepreneur Magazine and current Allbusiness.com editor